Monthly budgeting is hard. It’s hard to get started. It’s hard to categorize every single transaction. It's hard to know how much money you’ll actually have in a few months. It’s hard to maintain. And it’s hard to stick with it.
These are the exact feelings I had when I wanted to come up with a plan to pay down our debt as fast as possible.
My partner and I got paid biweekly on Fridays, we grocery shopped weekly, we paid car insurance every 6 months, we had monthly utilities, and numerous other expenses on various frequencies.
Every budgeting system forced me to put these each into a monthly box, with the expectation that I would move one-sixth or one-third or one-half of the payment amount into a separate account and Ta Da! when the payment was due, I’d have all the money there.
Every budgeting system couldn’t show me how much money I’d have in my checking account in 6 days, 6 weeks, or even 6 months.
Every budgeting system required I categorize a bazillion transactions a month. And if one category went over the planned amount, then now what?
Time after time, monthly budgeting system after monthly budgeting system, I quit. I couldn't make it work without excessive amounts of time finagling it to work just right. I was nowhere near paying down my debt any faster either!
I knew there had to be a better way to easily account for income and expenses on various frequencies, not have to categorize every transaction, and have a clear view of exactly how much money I would have in my bank account in 6 days, 6 weeks, and in 6 months. Tansy is just that.
After 10-15 minutes of initial set-up of your recurring or upcoming one-time income and expenses, all you have to do is enter your checking account balance. Within seconds, you have a daily cash flow forecast that you can use to help you pay down debt faster, make better financial decisions, change jobs, etc.
Each time you log in to Tansy, all you need to do is update your balance and your daily cash flow forecast is updated. You can ensure you’ll have enough money to cover car insurance in 6 months, determine if you have enough money to buy that new laptop or take on a new car payment, or any other financial decision you’re contemplating.
Don’t waste any more time forcing yourself into the monthly budgeting system. Try Tansy now and start making better financial decisions.
-- Founder of Tansy, Kelsey
Made for any type of income or expense
Tansy is built to accomodate any type of income or expense on any frequency. Tansy adapts to your life.
- Set an Event to Any Frequency
- Events (income or expense) can be set to daily, weekly, monthly or yearly at any interval. For example, Tansy works for biweekly paychecks, twice a month paychecks, every 3 days of gas for the car.
- Calendar View
- See your daily cash flow forecast along with each upcoming event on a calendar view. You can easily see what's coming up for income or expenses and how that affects your cashflow.
- Simple Up Keep
- After your initial set-up, each day you log into Tansy, you just need to update your balance and you'll immediately have an updated forecast.
- Chart View
- See your daily cash flow over different lengths of time: the next 30 days, 12 months, and 5 years. Test out different scenarios like a new car payment and see their impact in the Chart View.
- Share Your Tansy Forecast
- Easily invite others to view your Tansy forecast. You can both easily manage your personal cash-flow and get on the same page quickly.
- No Bank Account Needed
- Tansy doesn't require you to link your bank account. You don't have to worry about fixing broken bank account links or re-typing your bank account password each time you log in to Tansy.
Frequently asked questions
- Is a credit card required to start a free trial?
No. You can start a free trial without a credit card. At the end of the free trial, you will need to add a credit card to your account to continue using Tansy.
- Is Tansy useful if I charge everything to a credit card?
Not yet. Tansy is useful for anyone who wants to know how much money they will have in their bank account in the future. However, Tansy is not yet configured to handle forecasting when everything is charged to a credit card. We are working on this feature and hope to have it available soon.
- If I share my account will they be able to make changes to events or log a balance?
Yes. When you share your account, the other person will only be able to make changes to events or log a balance.
- What if I want to set up two separate forecasts?
You just create a new forecast within your account. You can have as many forecasts as you want, but you are charged for each forecast.
- What types of scenarios can I test out in Tansy?
The options are endless, but here are a few examples: - What if I get a new job with a different pay frequency? - What if I want to pay off my credit card faster? - What if I want to save for a vacation? You can test out any scenario you want to see how it affects your daily cash flow forecast.
- Does Tansy have an iOS or Android app?
Not yet. In the meantime, you can create a shortcut to Tansy's website on your phone's home screen. Check out this link for instructions.
- Do you have a lifetime subscription?
If you're interested in a lifetime subscription, please reach out at [email protected]. A lifetime subscription would mean that you have access to Tansy for the entirety of its existence. We are still working on the details of this offer, but we'd love to hear from you if you're interested.
- I have questions or feedback. How can I get in touch?
We'd love to hear from you! You can email us at [email protected].